We're now two full days into 2012, a year that should prove to be quite interesting, both in Canada and throughout the world. We're teetering on the brink of another recession and international tensions haven't been higher in years.
Here are my opinions for the big newsmakers of the upcoming year (in no particular order):
1) Iran's nuclear ambitions and the international repercussions of imposing (or not imposing) sanctions/embargoes.
2) The financial crisis in Europe and what will happen in Greece, Italy & Spain.
3) The blatant and obvious human rights travesties in Syria at the hands of Bashar al-Assad's threatened regime.
4) The changing of the guard in North Korea and the potential destabilization of the region.
5) The upcoming elections in the United States. Will Obama get a second term or will Americans choose a Republican?
Just the news that is carrying over from 2011 is enough to realize that 2012 will be a very interesting and fast-paced year.
Myself, I will try my very best to write more this year. From what I can tell so far, I'll have no shortage of things to write about!
Thanks for all my readers, and I look forward to giving you all many things to think about!
All my very best,